Chilling out in Roatan


Advertisement
Published: July 14th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Except for a very sweaty and slow run yesterday morning, life is pretty much grinding away on first gear. We are very chilled and relaxed here. We have spent many hours lying in the crystal clear shallows of the Caribbean.

Today we decided to explore the island a little further so we hired a scooter. Leanne taking her spot at the back and warming up her arm for a day of slow down whacks and Matt was very pleased to find a 150cc scooter. Although the island is small it is still a decent size as we found out after travelling over 30km to the other side where we were still not quite at the other side. The island is quite hilly and you get some great views of the coral reef and blue waters as you weave up and down but it was nice to confirm that our bay and the beach around from it was indeed the nicest corner.

We are loving our beach cabin and with the fridge well stacked we feel like we finally have our own place for a few days. We especially love our balcony at sunset. Although we did discover our place may not appeal to everyone as there is a Friday and Saturday 3am disco on the jetty bar opposite and add to that the continual side of fire crackers outside our window. Firecrackers! Well maybe not. Thats what we first thought they were until Matts investigations discovered a very big mango tree covered in fruit leaning directly over the neighbours tin roof shed. These mangos are noisy little critters.

We have booked in for a couple of dives tomorrow and then we are looking at, reluctantly, maybe leaving our paradise and moving up the Caribbean in Bellize.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Dinner TimeDinner Time
Dinner Time

An exciting time when you have spent the day lying in the hammock and water...


14th July 2008

feels familiar
Hi, Fri and Sat nights discos will just feel (sound) like your home away from home in Melbourne!! No mangos on the 1 tree overlooking the balcony there though. Enjoy the beach - it will be back to mountain trails in Montana, smog in London and black iron sands at Himitangi soon. Mountain trails you will look forward to - not sure about the others.
14th July 2008

Jealous
getting SO jealous of your trip and photos, that night shot of the tree wit the bird in is awsome!!!! xxx
14th July 2008

Helmet looks safe!!! NOT...
14th July 2008

Scooters? Ahhh, the memories.......

Tot: 0.129s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0816s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb