Sunny Caribean well maybe,


Advertisement
Published: January 17th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Today we arrive at Rostsn in Honduras, along side we have 2 cruise ships one with 2400 people and the other over 3000, we are herded into small mini busses and go to the bird and butterfly garden but the main attraction is the baby spider monkey the loved being cuddled by the grannies, we also saw many other birds and animals, then across to the butterfly's and wow how beautiful they were many species and vibrant colours, from there to the botanical gardens and I not Margaret climbed up the hill some 800 metres to the look out for a great view along the coast, then down and look at all the plants and trees, from Cinnamon to Chocolate all herds and spices really interesting, back to the ship and we sail for Laughing Bird Caye.

At laughing Bird Caye this is our first real snorkeling over reefs, we get aboard a local dive boat, off we go there is a bit of swell but the wind was picking up, Margaret decided no to going so off I go well, sitting in the boat travelling at I reckon 45kph the water coming over the boat was like somebody turning a fire hose on you, gosh was I wet!! We get to the area for the snorkeling, and in we go ,fantastic, saw a stingray, many coloured fish plus barracootas , but the best was the 2 metre Nurse shark the just swam underneath us, this was not the only shark there were many reef shark as well, back to the ship via the fire hose spray boat, meanwhile Margaret went to watch us and got so wet she squeezed water out of her dress when back on board the Island Sky but good morning was had, afternoon we went across to Laughing Bird Caye to look around and another Snorkel and this was really good as well, many fish and coral but no sharks, back on board and with all the rinsing of gear our I told the girl who does our room not to think we were taking in washing. Overall was a great day but very tired at the end.

Sailed over night to Belize and Belize City where we get our first taste of the Mayan Civillisation, a 1 hour bus trip , a 1 hour high speed boat trip and we were there at Lamanai, very large area from their Jaquar Temples and impressive pyramids, I climbed one what a work out the steps were about 400mm high, many built on top of each other s other rulers died, some had 6 levels, and this area is the only area that lived through all the Mayan civilisations. as impressive as the Pyramids in Eygpt. 1 hour boat and bus trip back to the ship, well customs needed us to hop out the bus and show our ships ID before we got back on board , 4 people no of them even looked at the ID but guess it keeps 4 people employed.

I had a shower came out could not find my glasses, tore the room apart no glasses, went to the desk incase I left them somewhere else, no, back to the room Margaret's found them, she had been wearing them, though they were hers, I also dropped my M/card but somebody found it and returned it, Thank goodness!

Today we went to Half Moon Caye, National Park and Heritage site, the 2 bird species that nest there are the Red Footed Booby Bird, some 4000 and the Frigate Bird,they co habitat one end of the island, we also saw Iguanas and huge Hermut Crabs, then into the water for a snorkel, well best we have seen, do many fish in schools, so many colours and the coral swaying with the current, then back to the jetty, some more photos and lunch onboard.

So now sailing the 400 nautical miles to Cozumel in Mexico.

One thing I forgot, the peole we sit with sometimes asked us how long we had been married, it was 11th Jan our anniversary, and he put the word to the kitchen and we got a big chocolate cake and the staff sang to us, embarrassing but lot of fun.

Love to all,

Margaret and Ken

Afew beers and afte

Advertisement



Tot: 0.192s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0981s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb