June 8 - office work


Advertisement
Published: June 9th 2010
Edit Blog Post

New Carribean OfficersNew Carribean OfficersNew Carribean Officers

L to R: Joliker, Matignol, moi, Ulrick
June 8 - lots of work at the office

Demaris flew back home to Germany today and Henk assumed Incident Commander position. Since he's pretty busy with that, I got tapped to do some interesting things. First I got to the bank. SA banks with CitiBank, which was destroyed in the quake and had previously operated out of a 'hole in the wall' office. Today, they opened their brand new bank building, so I helped initiate it.

Then our 3 new Carribean officers arrived. Since I am a 'senior' staff member now (no pun intended), I got to greet, orient and tour them around. Much to my surprise one of them, Ulrick, is the uncle of Roodolph! It really is a small world. See picture of these new team members. Ulrick will be liason to Petit Goave (which incidentally is where he was born). Joliker will be working with logistics to smooth the path to release of more of our containers from customs. This is important, as we are down to about 1700 boxes of Numana and need to replenish our supply. Also, the cots and tarps have been shipped from Miami and we need them desperately for the camp. Rains have been much heavier the last few days. Matignol will be working with camp management at the SA camp. They will be here for 4 weeks.

Other than that, I wrote the Situation Report for the week and updated the Key Statistics Report. Ah...even here, the world moves on paperwork. Still, I guess it's important to let the rest of the Salvation Army know what we've been up to and what we have accomplished.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 50; dbt: 0.051s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb