We're Here!!!


Advertisement
Published: March 18th 2008
Edit Blog Post

The girls at the table hanging outThe girls at the table hanging outThe girls at the table hanging out

This is where we spent most of our time in the shade of a hut by our plastic tables. Here Alisha, Misty, Amber, and Caitlyn are chillin'!
Hello!

The past two days have been filled with travel. First, Mike and Caitlyn drove from Minneapolis to meet up with Misty in Clear Lake. From there they drove to Cedar Falls. Pastor Scott (from the Lutheran Student Center at UNI) drove them, Mallory, Alisha, Amy, and Amber to the largest truck stop in the world to meet up with Kelli. Lead by " the voice of God" we all made it to DeKalb to the Lutheran Student Center at NIU to meet Christi. Once Christi was obtained we were able to continue the voyage to O'Hare Airport where we met up with Katie.

After Kelli hearded everyone through security like a mother hen and her chicks, everyone was able to grab about 30 minutes of sleep before boarding the plane. We had a fairly uneventful plane flight Kelli got someones butt in her face but other than that if was smooth sailing. We arrived in Guatemala at 6:15 in the morning and made it through customes only with a minor gliche. Some guy thought Mike and about half of the others were not suppose to be in Guatemala, in San Jose instead. While we were all getting checked
Attaching the carsAttaching the carsAttaching the cars

This is when Oswaldo's car broke down and we are all trying to help out.
out Katie just slipped past.....Lucky her.

We were then met by Estuardo, Cathryn, Brian, Roberto Sr., and Oswaldo's Friend's Brother with a bus. We had a nice trip to Reu. Everyone was tired, but we were able to stop and get some breakfast and then sleep the rest of the way to Reu.

When we got here we were able to just sit and relax for a little while before dinner at Mami's. Then more relaxing.

Sunday morning we all went to Mami's and met Oswaldo, Dianita, and Roberto Jr. to all go to the beach. At the beach we had opening worship, swam, played a little volleyball, and just had a good time in general. Not to metion we had chinese food while we were there. On the way home Oswaldo's car decided to not want to work anymore. Estuardo had to tow it with a cable that we found after we had rigged a thin rope up to do the job. Less than a mile later the police thought it would be a good idea to pull over a bunch of gringos. Don't worry everything was fine we just received a slight repremand for not carrying our passports everywhere. O well!

We then made it backe to the hotel to shower just before dinner. Once again we had dinner at Mami's and as always it was delicious. While we were there we met up with Pastor Diane, Shoppa, and Megan at long last the entire group had been fully assemble and we were ready to fight for world justice, peace and crime all at the same time because we are...... Grupo de los Gringos + 2.5 Gs....... not really but we are ready to do some work and have a good time.

Advertisement



17th March 2008

greetings from Ocean Springs
Hey sounds like things are good in Reu. We Made it to Ocean springs, and spent today landscaping. Scott

Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0265s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb