Our house in the community of San Marcos La Laguna


Advertisement
Published: October 28th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We came back to Guatemala in the morning of the 4th of June (my birthday!). Our first thought was to stay in San Pedro for a couple of months but that was impossible. Our home was in San Marcos and so where the friends. I write more about this time later. Now months have passed and I have been in Sweden as well for 1 month visiting family and friends. While we where there Chris moved in to a house that belongs to a Swedish lady, Kristina, that I know from last time I was living here. The house has very high standard from what we are used to in Guatemala. But it feels necessary to be living like this now with Julian. This first blog I just wanna post for you to see how we live and short about what we are doing.

Three days a week a lady works with us and Julian plays with her daughter, Isabel, who you can see in a photo. She is very kind to J, allows him to drag her around the garden. 😊 The other kids belong to the gardener/maintainer of the property and his family. We do not go down to the lake to swim right now but during June and July we where there many of the mornings. I continue my studies, this year I do one course in religious history and one in Bibel Hebrew. But Ive also started to teach a little bit which is fun. Chris has been a bit unlucky, twisted his ankle so he has not been able to work the past months but now its finally almost healed. Julian loves the tuk-tuks, boats, delivery trucks and cars as well as throwing stones in the lake and visiting other kids.

We have decided to do our best during our stay here, we are living between two cultures - the wealthy guatemalan and the poor mayan. For how long we will be living here is now very hard to tell. The house we are renting until June so after that everything is open again. Chris will go to Thailand in the end of December to do a thaimassage -teacher training course. He will come back in the end of March so I do not think we will make any plans until after that.
I try to make more frequent updates now when we have Internet in the house... 😊


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 10; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0332s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb