Lake Atitlán * 18 - 20.11.2016


Advertisement
Published: November 23rd 2016
Edit Blog Post

In San Pedro, we went to a nice bar (Sublime) in the evening, where they had live music. The style was a sort mix of cumbia and ska. The bar had a big dance floor, a terras that looked a little bit like a treehouse platfom and downstairs there was a bonfire with seats around it.

We didn't stay too long, because we booked a tour for the next morning at 3:45: Sunset from the Indian's nose. The Indian's nose is a mountain at the lake, that looks like a sleeping indian, with his nose in the air. It took the little bus about 45 minutes to get to a little village high in the mountain. From there we went with a guide on a little path that lead to the viewpoint. It was about 30 minutes walkin, only up. We had only 2 flashlights and it was still dark.
When we arrived at the top, there was a local who prepared coffee and bread for us. There we waited for the sunset. It was very beautiful, seeing the lake and the volcanoes around it. Definitely worth it.

Later I learned from others who did the trek from Xela to San Pedro, that it was 2 days walking through jungle and that only the thirt day was really nice because of the sunet. They did like it, but I think I'm glad I didn't go in the end.

When we arived back at San Pedro, we went back to the hostel to rest a little. Later that day we took a lancha to Panajachel, on the other side of the lake. There we wanted to go to a swimming pool next to the lake, but we found out the entrance was 150 Q each.. We decided to stay in Panajachel. We had some food and a really nice michelada from a street stand.

The next day we went to a resaurant (Ven Aca) with a pool close to the lake, recommended by a friend of Irving. We had to take a lancha again because it was close to Santa Cruz. We had some breakfast, relaxed at the pool and around 14:00 we left to take the bus from Panajachel.

Irving went back to Xela and I went to Antigua.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0283s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb