Lake Atitlan


Advertisement
Published: November 25th 2006
Edit Blog Post

We decided to kill some time by Lake Atitlan before our flight out to Peru. The Lake is one of Guatemalas main attractions and it was easy to see why. It was beautiful.

We headed from Panajachel, where all the buses arrive, to San Pedro. It was a very bumpy 30 minute boat ride to get there. San Pedro is a travellers hangout, where roast spuds can be bought, and English football was watched. Yes!! It was a nice place to relax for a couple of days, though whether this had anything to do with the view, and lack of anything else to do, or whether it was the passive smoking of various herbs, I guess we will never know.

We went to San Marcos, a smaller village on the other side of the Lake, after hearing this place was even more relaxing than San Pedro....surely not we thought but gave it a go, and enjoyed our houmous while listening to the relaxing chanting of the various spiritual camps about...even the local dogs seemed to enjoy it and joined in with the spirit of things!!

We then headed back to Panajachel, before heading back to Guate for our flight. Pana, oddly, turned out to be the quietest of the lot, and we had our fun with the tour guides shouting at us...."where you wanna go?" "up the road for breakfast" we replied...."breakfast in Antigua? breakfast in Mexico?"...."erm, hows about some brekkie in Blackpool?" well it got them off our backs, but Im still drooling over the thought of a bacon sandwich.....

We are now in Huaraz, Peru, about to give our legs a workout with some treks.......will let you know how it goes, and if I havent killed Keith for suggesting these treks to begin with....maybe i should get a donkey after all.....................


Lu&ts


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.139s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0749s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb