Champagnat Pilgrimage 2010


Advertisement
Published: October 21st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Over these days it is possible to begin to build the programme for our visit to Guatemala and El Salvador in 2010. The Plgrimage will, as usual, begin in Melbourne and travel directly to the Hermitage in Southern France, then to Paris and to Rome.

Thursday 8th April - Fly from Rome to Madrid and then from Madrid to Guatemala City (10 hours by day)
Friday 9th April - Visit schools in Guatemala City and the Little Sisters of Champagnat
Saturday 10th April - Visit Antigua and travel to Chichicastenango and stay the evening.
Sunday 11th April - Study the Marist mission in Chichicastenango and then visit the extensive markets; return to Guatemala City for 7.00 pm Mass at the Salesian Church near the Retreat Centre.
Monday 12th April - Travel by bus to San Salvador (3 hours)
Tuesday 13th April - Visit schools in El Salvador - St Alfonso and the school in Zone 6 where Br Moises Rodriguez was murdered in his PrincipalĀ“s Office.
Wednesday 14th April - Fly San Salavdor to Los Angeles (5 hours direct) - Stay Los Angeles
Thursday 15th April - Fly Melbourne
Saturday 17th April - Arrrive Melbourne

Later reflections reveal that the train journey from Lyons to Geneva takes 2 hours and Paris to Geneva 3 hours, should we wish to visit Geneva. If we did, we could stay at the John Knox Centre, a type of retreat centre where Edmund Rice International held their last Tertiary Conference.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.133s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 46; dbt: 0.1082s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb