Tikal


Advertisement
Guatemala's flag
Central America Caribbean » Guatemala » Petén Region » Tikal
September 25th 2008
Published: September 30th 2008
Edit Blog Post

BalconyBalconyBalcony

Our Balcony overlooking the Cove
So we wake up in our Belie hotie with no AC and passing out half drunk but not really drunk at all... we end up getting not the best sleep in the world. When our alarm goes off for 730 am, we are both pretty trhilled. We grab some coffee from down stairs and sit out on our blacony, watching the sun rise and shooting the shit. Eventually we pack up and head to the bus terminal, only to find that we had gained an hour somewhere and we are extremely early for our bus. After grabbing some fresh fruit we sit in the bus lobby atching CNN report about how the financial world is melting down. We both feel a touch of happiness considering we are in Belize heading to an ancient Mayan ruin site within in the next hour. Once our bus finally arrives we carefully board. This bus was as ragged and sketch as could be, and we were boarding it for a 6 hour bus ride. Luckily some new american traveler hopped on and dispelled a bit of our discomfort. Once we were off it ended up being the best bus ride of the trip. The seats were rock hard and uncomfortable, there was no AC, but the route we took allowed us to fully see ALL of Belize and into Guatemala.

While crossing the border we befriended a few students from a spanish school in Seville, Guat who complained about how expensive Belize was. This thrill us because that meant Guat would be cheap as fuck. Crossing the Guat border was cake, aside from the fact that we all had to pee, had no Guat dollars (quatsalas), and the locals charged for use of their bathroom. After more country side driving we dropped most of the bus off in Flores, and the rest of us headed for Tikal. Once we arrived we promptly set up our tent (well overpriced $20 american), and headed for the park at 5pm even though it closed at 6pm. We were able to bang out most of the cnetral plaza of Tikal in that time, and it was magnificant. Afterward we came in for dinner and watched a documentary on 2012. It was a long day, and after that it was lights out for us in out two man tent.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0354s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb