Belize City - El Remate


Advertisement
Published: November 27th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hi,

Got to Belize City late night and met some pretty crazy people, including Prince Charles Paris III who sounded like one of the most educated people I have ever met (not too mention one of the most insane). The hostel we stayed at was right over the river and the people were really friendly, in fact everyone in Belize is! It is an absolutely fantastic city and beautiful in a very different way.

We left that moring and headed for a place called Placencia via a very strange city called Dangriga. We finally reached the little fishing village after dark and were looking forward to some sleep followed by a lazy day on the beach. However, it rained torrentially the following day! The foolowing day (Sunday) we were up by 5am and jumped on a bus to the Cockscomb Basin Wildlife Reserve, where we did lots of trecks, went tubing (ringo down a river) and camped for a night. It was absolutely awesome!

Next stop was Cayo San Ignacio in West Belize where we only stayed one night then crossed the border into Guatemala. From here we travelled (after a lot of bartering) to a village called El Remate, which is on Lago Itza. Yesterday we visited the mayan ruins of Tikal and returned to our tent very exhausted because they literally took our breath away (the ruins themselves and the wildlife found in the surrounding jungle)!

Will try to post again shortly and get some photos up, although having a few problems doing it at the moment.

Love Dani and Chris

Advertisement



Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0575s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb