poisonous mushrooms


Advertisement
Published: September 23rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

15 km. from Flores, 19 abril 1990.
It's only 15 km. more to Flores and though the it's a hot and moist day, the sand track we follow boggy and muddy, still...under normal cicumstances we should get to Flores well before nightfall. But today the circumstances are slightly out of tune.
These so-called Magic Mushrooms Peter found yesterday and we consumed together with the remnants of our pike, was most definitely poisonous. I was lucky not having eaten much of this sh*tty magic stuff but the others all have the sh*ts constantly have to relieve themselves.
Especially Mary Carmen is suffering the most, her mood has turned for the worst, her behaviour to James evil constantly snapping at him.
Both Peter and Nora seem to take it all with the proverbial grain of sand, I seriously suspect that they are used to Magic Mushrooms that turn out more poisonous that magic.
Though yesterday we followed the lake shore, today the track goes with a big loop around the lake and we came upon a river that connects with lake Petèn Itzà. We are seriously contemplating camping here though it is still early afternoon.
Food and drinks are no problem, we did a bit of shopping in San Josè this morning.
Not that I believe we'll do much eating tonight.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.121s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0875s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb