Rain in Guatemala


Advertisement
Published: February 28th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Getting to know the BAruGetting to know the BAruGetting to know the BAru

only the lucky few backpackers get a true taste the American Roadtrip....
Despite wanting to stay longer in Belize and friendlt justice of the peace informed us that if we overstayed our car permit we may spend a few days in a cell. Hearing that news Barton and Brown waved goodbye to good new friends, Kim, Ruby, and Arnold, and took off for Guatemala. The border was painless and the road was very bumpy and dusty... but we happened to be driving a car that is fairly battle tested. We made it into Flores, and tiny island town on a lake in Northern Guatemala. We spent the night at a nice hostel and got drunk we a Swede and three German girls. MAking friends quickly we offered them all a ride in the morning to see the ruins. Our new friends fell in love with the ole Baru and we were all laughs on the drive. The Mayan ruins at Tikal were spectacular, though a little less crazy then the ones in Palenque. The rain held out jus tlong enough for us to get back, and now after a great day of monkeys, ruins, tucans, and the like we are getting ready for happy hour at the hostel.... two beers for 12 quetzals.....
Jah WorksJah WorksJah Works

The greatest snorkel ship on the seven seas
Tommorow we head out with our German friends toward a lake in the east of the country where we plan to take a canoe ride to the coast...
Brown


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

The TwoThe Two
The Two

The original and remaining two pilots of this mad dash south
Tikal RuinsTikal Ruins
Tikal Ruins

Imposing Mayan Temples circa 800 BCE


6th March 2008

Dude i'm addicted to your blog like crack.

Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 12; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0359s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb