Welcome to Guatemala


Advertisement
Published: December 15th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Galveston


You know that email where the jar is empty and the professor fills it with large rocks and asks if it´s full, the class says yes and then he adds small pebbles to show it´s not really full and asks again...the class says yes and he adds sand and when you think there´s no more room at all, the water still fits in (showing there´s always more room in your life...)....anyways, that was my first impression of Guatemala. The chicken bus we were on was full and when people were completely squished in, 10 more people got on. a few moments later, another 7 managed to get on, and so went the next 50 miles (I looked around to see if Mr. Guiness was counting a new record). that bus ride, along with seeing a dead horse along the road was my first impression of Guatemala and I wondered if i was meant to be here. My impression was quickly changed though, when we entered Flores. A gorgeous town on a island, only about one square kilometer in size, but trifold in character. We were impressed with the rate of our room, but quickly would have payed more for running water, instead of the drips of cold water we received. we did managed to eat our hearts out and had the best coffee of the trip.
Tikal was absolutely stunning. The Mayan ruins were kept up so well and we explored for hours on end.
We only had the one night as Spanish school in Antigua started shortly so we jumped on a night bus and said goodbye as quickly as we came.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



15th December 2006

Still jealous . . .
You two look like you're having a blast, chickens and all! Thanks for incl us on your blog - love the small getaway you give us during our day. :)
15th December 2006

Nice to see you guys on the flip side
yep, youre both proving that the brain bone is connected to the heart bone which of course is connected to the "discovery" bone (and then there's always that funny bone ) all working beautifully in tandem. I'm so happy to have this portal! what an amazing strange trip. mantenarse en contacto! y que tengan un buen tiempo y bailan de bajo el Luna.....(?) or something like that. Love, Pagina
18th March 2007

Amazed
Wow. This is pretty exciting to watch you guys on your journey. It is much better than reading a novel. I can't wait to catch up with everyone else. Thanks for sharing.

Tot: 0.2s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 65; dbt: 0.0758s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb