What a day...


Advertisement
Published: December 31st 2008
Edit Blog Post

So. We're here. But man was it an adventure.

First off, our flight out of Ottawa was cancelled since they had to get "parts" from Chicago before taking off. So we were able to get out of Ottawa on another flight to Chicago at 8:30am on a different airline...but we didnt take off for like another hour and a half because the engine was frozen and they had to de-ice the plane!
So by the time we got to Chicago, we had to literally sprint to the other terminal to make our connection...which we missed by like 5mins.
After some running around, talking to different people with our airline, we managed to get on the next flight to Miami.
Once in Miami, we were happy. Just one more flight to catch, and we'd be good to go.
Our flight was delayed to Guatemala...but we didnt care much. As long as we got there safely and our bags made it too.

Should have knocked on wood....

Once we landed in Guatemala, we waited for our bags. Waited...waited...waited...until a man came up to us asking for our baggage numbers cause there were no bags left.
Its Wednesday at about noon, and still no bags - i'm so happy Dad wont be reading this until we hopefully have our bags...knock on wood.
We stayed at the Crown Plaza last night as we were in no spirits for some dingy hostal in this city. So Mom and Dad, I took your advice. We needed a good bed and a hot shower, and thats what we got.
Still wearing day old clothes right now...needless to say I dont smell too hot. But hopefully we'll get our bags today and be off to Antigua.
Fingers crossed...

Hope you are all doing well and that you have a great New Years tonight!!! I hope we make it to Antigua for New years tonight...otherwise I have no idea what Guatemala City will have to offer. Haha.

Miss you all. I'll check in again soon.

Ash


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.149s; Tpl: 0.022s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0805s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb