El Salvador to Nicaragua


Advertisement
Published: July 8th 2010
Edit Blog Post

On the bus for 5 in the morning, or so they said, little late leaving.

The Scenery was once again great, changing from forests to clearings to different types of forests. The one thing that did stand out was the amount of logging that has been done over the decades. On some hills you'd see one half of plains,and the other full of trees.

The crossing into Honduras was fairly easy. Unlike the crossing into El Salvador, where people meet you and harass you once you get of the bus, trying to get you to exchange some of you money with them, there was no need to leave the bus. The difference was that we had no river to cross over, and it seemed like one minute we were driving in El Salvador and the next, on the same road, we pulled over to process our documents.

After driving through Honduras for a few hours we made it to Nicaragua. The process was a little different. We had to get out bags checked and our paper work processed. The border crossing building must be at least 30 years old. It was rather run down, and just like all the other crossing surrounded by shanty towns. Only took half and hour to get through and we were driving through Nicaragua on our way to the Capital.

I was very impressed with my first experience of Nicaragua...the food. We stopped at a cafe of sorts, and they had fantastic chicken, and the first half of the Germany, Spain match.

I am now in Managua, the capital, in a hotel for the night before heading off tomorrow. The lady who owns the hostel has given me some good ideas about what to do here, there are few interesting projects and I'll find out more about them tomorrow, once I get to Leon, where I'll base myself for a couple of days, before I decide what to do with myself.

Other first impressions of Nicaragua, it is bloody hot! Way more hotter than Xela, I'm not missing the altitude for breathing, but it was rather mild in comparison.



The day was quite boring in all, to be honest


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0322s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb