El Salvador, tierra linda!


Advertisement
Published: October 8th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hola todos!

It's a humid afternoon here in Santa Ana and the heavens have well and truly opened! They say the rain is set in for a few more days, 'la temporada' as they call it.

Everything is going really well here in El Salvador. For the past week we have been celebrating the Week of the Child in the two projects, organising different activities which inform the children about their rights, from songwriting to collages to dramas, it has been so much fun! This Saturday the week will end with a big celebration in the project with games, party food, a football tournament, disco and karaoke, haha! I am so excited!

Last weekend Jesus and I traveled to Ataco, a beautiful town hidden away in the mountains south of Santa Ana. The area, known as La Ruta de las Flores, or the Route of the Flowers, boasts a wonderful tradition of artisans who sell their work on the streets or in beautifully painted buildings. They also hold a food fair every weekend which was just incredible! On Sunday Kate and I, another volunteer from the States, are going to climb Santa Ana volcano which I am really looking forward to, albeit slightly aprehensive! The surrounding area of Santa Ana is so beautiful and, being such a small country, it is very easy to escape at the weekends to the most ideallic hideaways!

So, all is well here, time passes by far too quickly but I am experiencing so many beautiful moments and I know there are so many more to come! I hope you are all well and would love to hear from you all!

Take care,

Mucho amor y paz de El Salvador,

Laura x x x




Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0485s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb