Farewell D.R.


Advertisement
Published: August 12th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Friday was a bittersweet day. We had to say goodbye to the community of El Capa, which is where we spent most of our week. The families were so welcoming - bringing us coffee, corn and plenty of hugs. They look out for each other and made us feel right at home. We weren't strangers we were friends.

We spent the morning celebrating what we accomplished together. From laying floors, painting houses, playing with the children and building friendships; there was nothing but smiles filling the community.

We all gathered around to share snacks and give thanks for our time together. Many pictures were taken to acknowledge our work and coming together. We definitely took with us love in our hearts and an experience that will forever change us all.

Today is our last day in Santo Domingo. We visited the caves and the beach. What a great way to unwind and reflect on a great week. Tonight will be our final team dinner as we prepare to head back home to our family and friends.

Safe travels to the team! Adios Dominican Republic. We'll miss you!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.16s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 48; dbt: 0.069s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb