Richard and Cara in the Dominican Republic


Advertisement
Published: December 12th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Friends and Family,

I didn't manage to get to a computer last week during my trip to the Dominican Republic so I've complied some photos to let you know how it all went.

Cara and I wer lucky to have lots of sushine for our stay at the Casa Marina Reef Hotel in Sosua, near Peurto Plata. Due to my early injury body boarding and the subsequent 10 stitches (and I should mention that I recieved excellent medical assistance from a very competent doctor), we were mostly sitting back on the beach and soaking in the sunshine for the first couple days. We walked around Peurto Plata and handed out toys to the kids and got lost on our hike to Cabarette (which was proably to far to walk to anyway).

Later in the week we got out to OCean WOrld which is a relatively new attraction in the area and allowed us to swim with dolphins, sea lions, sharks and mant rays, but due to cost considerations (not fear), we elected to just swim with the dolphins. Unfortunately we haven't got our underwater camera photos developed yet, so you'll see those later. We also made it down to Santo Domingo to see some of the earliest buildings in North America incliding the first Catherdral and the Diego Columbus (Christopher's son) House.

We arrived back on Friday to the remnants of snow in Vancouver.

Hope everyone is well. Take care.

Richard


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



13th December 2006

Or is Richard kissing the Parrot?
Perspective is everything. Enjoy your lovely trip. Alex
5th January 2007

Great photos
Your photos are beautiful. We will be returning to POP mid January frp, BC so seeing that the sun does shine and there is no snow/rain was a sight for sore eyes. That snow was nasty!
4th June 2007

Checking In
It time to travel again and I need access to my Travelblog

Tot: 0.46s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 11; qc: 55; dbt: 0.17s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb