First Full Day at Sea


Advertisement
Cuba's flag
Central America Caribbean » Cuba
April 26th 2017
Published: June 26th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 21.066, -74.9665

We slept late and started the day with an early lunch at the BBQ station near the pool. They have no actual barbeque—just hamburgers, hot dogs, and chicken burgers cooked outside. My hamburger was good, but Philip won't be ordering the veggie burger again.

He had time for a haircut in the salon before we went to the Cruise Critic Meet and Greet. It was fun to meet several people there whom I had seen on this cruise's Roll Call. I was looking for Dick and Sunny from California, because I had chatted with them online before the cruise about getting a team ready for the ship's trivia games. As it turned out, Prezz, the coordinator for the Meet and Greet, pointed to two chairs and asked us to sit there. Sunny and Dick were already at that table so we didn't have to look far for them.

We met them for the afternoon trivia game and found another couple, Louise and Richard, to join us. The game was fun and we knew most of the answers, but another team knew more. We'll meet them at another game tomorrow, I imagine.

We sailed along and very near the northeast coast of Cuba for much of the day. Our suite is on the port side so all we see from the balcony is ocean and an occasional cargo ship. Cuba was off the starboard side. We went to another deck and walked outside to see if it was within view, but didn't see it. There were a few small pleasure boats out that must have meant that we got near some of the islands without seeing them either.

We had a nice dinner in the main dining room again. I like our tablemates. They like the idea of changing chairs every evening rather than sitting in the same one each night so we'll have a better chance to get to know everyone. Seems like a good idea to me, too. After dinner, we watched an old movie, The Philadelphia Story, in our suite. I finished my 10,000 steps in the room while the movie was on.

Word for the day: Trivia. One of the questions in the Trivia contest today was, "What is the Roman name for the Greek goddess Hecate, the goddess of witchcraft?" Answer: Trivia. Who knew?


Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0317s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb