cuba visa blues


Advertisement
Cuba's flag
Central America Caribbean » Cuba
December 19th 2012
Published: December 19th 2012
Edit Blog Post

To travel from Colombia to Cuba we needed a Cuba visa.

We went to the Cuban Embassy in Bogota hoping for a quick tourist visa application.

It was just like a prison! We sat in a cage for almost 4 hours outside the cuban embassy building. There were no refreshments available and no certainty as to when the queue would reduce and it would be our turn to apply. This was not the best way to spend the day and patience was essential. We had forgotten the essential bottles of drinking water and some reading material to pass the time.

At least there was a perspex roof in case it rained but in our case it was a case of trying to find some shade from the burning sun. After 3 hours I was pacing the cage like an animal in the zoo and dehydration and hunger were a problem. Even the plant in the corner began to look appetising!

When we finally got into the building we had our two visas in less than 10 minutes.

We could have flown from Bogota to Cuba in the time it had taken!

It was our fault, we should have realised that getting visas anywhere is often difficult and time consuming and we were not prepared.

Now we can look forward to visiting Cuba!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.149s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 60; dbt: 0.072s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb