Cuba


Advertisement
Cuba's flag
Central America Caribbean » Cuba
January 29th 2011
Published: April 4th 2011
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: training 17 secs
You wanna fight?You wanna fight?You wanna fight?

Boxing coach with his student training in the park, Havana
I made this video clip of a boxer trainer with one of his students while walking down the street in Havana. They were happy for me to film on my Flipcamcorder.

Now the cultural stuff: museums very disappointing.

While the buildings were superb the work they contained hardly represented the vibrancy of the culture we could see outside. In fact some of the paintings looked like the dregs from Europeans museums.

Moreover the documentation was all in Spanish.
Did they not want visitors from the outside world?


Shared table in cafe - national museum worth a visit for this art decor room alone- with some Canadians. They are staying in a bed and breakfast with a former policeman who says he cant bring up a family on the state wage of £17 a month and now that they allow a little private enterprise he has set himself up running a bed and breakfast for tourists.



Additional photos below
Photos: 2, Displayed: 2


Advertisement

Cheers!Cheers!
Cheers!

Yet another dinner on board ship


Tot: 0.126s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0737s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb