Trinidad


Advertisement
Published: June 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 21.8, -79.98

Woo hoo Tim's 51st birthday.

Breakfast was good here too...only on a grander scale. If the locals could see our breakfast I'm sure they'd be amazed too.

We decide to get in the car and find Menas Iznagas. Made significant by its huge concrete tower that was used to view the surrounding sugar plantations. We had a mooch around. Julie bought a table cloth from a local stall and we drove around for a while before finding Mirador. A hilltop bar and viewing point across the Valle de los Inglaisos. Here we read our books and caught up with our diary. It was quite windy being high up - we resisted a go on the zip wire. Back at the hotel we freshened up and went for dinner at a mid-18th century built house turned in to a unique restaurant- we ate in the bedroom complete with old fashioned wardrobe, bed and chandelier (not forgetting the chamber pot) This was another of Manuel's recommendations. Tim had a traditional Cuban pork dish Inc rice and beans and I had chicken with rice. We had a walk around the town, picked up water and retired early. Startrek was on the TV along with Donald Trump wire tapping scandal.


Additional photos below
Photos: 24, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.168s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 8; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0794s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb