Havana Cuba Day 4


Advertisement
Published: November 26th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Breakfast in the casa. Fresh squeezed papaya juice, and really good coffee. Not really a fan of papaya juice or coffee, but these were so good I could probably drink them everyday. (Better than the juice and coffee in the hotel.) Feeling good, so decided to walk from Vedado along the Malecon to old Havana. Not really that much happening on the Malecon, no one launching a boat bound for Florida, only a few people fishing.

From old Havana walked up to the Museum of the Revolution, which was a Presidential Palace up until 1965. Displays and information on various revolutions since colonial times, heaps on the 1959 revolution and its triumphs - health, education, Cuban astronaut... Display on Che, his last letter to Fidel.

Out the back of the museum is Granma, bigger than expected, plus some old military vehicles.

Had pizza, lemonade, and bottle of water in a bar for about 5CUC.

Started to rain, so when to a museum of Cuban Art from colonial to present times. Not an art expert, but okay way to spend a wet afternoon. Surprised that there seemed to be more museum employees than visitors.

Still raining but not heavy when I got out of the museum, but ended up taking a taxi back to the casa. Taxi driver says that May is the rainy season in Cuba.


Want to see more photos?

Have a look at my website here: http://www.firemanonasailingship.com/photos/






Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Inside Museum of the RevolutionInside Museum of the Revolution
Inside Museum of the Revolution

Think this was the office of the President.
Old CarOld Car
Old Car

Taken from inside the Museum of the Revolution.


Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0359s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb