Big Cuba Tour - Havana


Advertisement
Cuba's flag
Central America Caribbean » Cuba » Oeste » La Habana
February 12th 2010
Published: December 29th 2011
Edit Blog Post

It was always our big dream to go and visit Cuba. Since I study History and have a big interest in any kind of history, we decided that when we go, it should not be a short stay with lots of beach and hotel pool, we wanted to see the whole island, to learn about the history and culture and really see something. So after looking around and searching a lot, we settled for a 2 week trip all around the island.

In Feb. 2010 we were off and after a long flight we finally arrived in Varadero. Our guide picked us up from the airport and with a bus we went all the way back to the capital Havana. The next day started very early. We had a huge walking tour around the innercity in front of us and after a good breakfast we were ready.

The weather was beautiful and the snow chaos back home was quickly forgotten. It was smart to come during the winter, because it was really the perfect weather for this kind of holidays, not too hot, not too cold.

Our tour started at the port terminal and brought us all around the city, our first mayor stop was the Cathedral of Havana, which we also visited from the inside. After a stop to eat something, a bus brought us to the Capitolio and later to the Plaza de la Revolucion. We had enough time to walk around the grand place and take a number of photos. We drove back to the hotel to rest a bit and change, because this evening we were going to go all around the city again during a special Havana at night tour. We saw many of the awesome buildings which we had seen at day, but this time nicely illuminated. Our first stop here was the famous Hotel Nacional and after walking through the nice lobby and the bar, we were off to go to a small hill in the city. There we saw a huge statue of Jesus, which we had seen during the day from the distance. Also very close was the house in which Che Guevara used to live. We were able to see the whole innercity of Havana, the hundreds of lights, the important buildings and grand hotels. From there we drove to the rooftop bar of one of these hotels. The view was fantastic and we were able to see all of the innercity and even some of the suburbs. There we stayed a bit and enjoyed the scenery. We returned to the hotel late, hoped into bed because tomorrow would be another busy day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.029s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0249s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb