Feliz Navidad Cuba style


Advertisement
Cuba's flag
Central America Caribbean » Cuba » Oeste » La Habana
December 24th 2007
Published: December 24th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Capoeira beach tripCapoeira beach tripCapoeira beach trip

ok this was a while ago... im improved since then! (im not in the pic btw)
Happy Christmas! Feliz Navidad desde Cuba!

Not that I have the slightest Christmassy feeling… today is xmas eve and its basicly like a normal day! We r pissed off coz we wanted to go to the beach but the weather (which has been glorious for the past few days) is shit! Also our Cuban mama, Lily, is doing a special meal tonight and my stomach has not been behaving itself for nearly a week now… grrrr! Here, most ppl celebrate Navidad in some form with their family, tho apparently they mostly do a meal - rice, beans, meat (probably pork) and yuca… so in other words, what they eat pretty much everyday! We r lucky, gonna be treated to some Italian influenced cuisine.

I’m thinking off u guys snuggled up inside against the cold, huddling round the tree surrounded by presents, preparing for the gluttony of the food and at the same time recovering from the madness of the consumer pre-xmas rush (which has no doubt been going on for nearly 2 months now with increasing intensity).

Exciting plans tho to make us forget about the anti-climax of the Cuban non-Christmas… tomorrow evening (yes, Christmas day… I’m travelling with 2 Germans for whom the big day is 2day) we r getting a bus 2 Camaguey, a city in the middle-east of the country, from where we plan 2 go by truck further into the Oriente (East). This is after failing miserably to get a place on an Astro bus in which we could pay in moneda nacional, which would have made it very cheap to get all the way to the east. There was no space left for the whole of December to any destination! So we r going on the Viazul (=tourist) bus. Un-ideally, we r going to arrive in Camaguey at about 2am! So we r gonna reserve a casa particular (a home stay) who will come and fetch us! Sweet!




Advertisement



Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0528s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb