Dominical


Advertisement
Costa Rica's flag
Central America Caribbean » Costa Rica » San José » Chompas
September 27th 2007
Published: October 1st 2007
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Dominical

Red Mark Shows Dominical

Sept 27

A dirt road connects Quepos on the Pacific to Dominical, also on the Pacific. It's been a few years since I've been here, and not much has changed except there's a few more real estate offices, and several developments up in the hills. I drove around with Brian Skinner from South Coast Realty, and he showed me several develpments. The nicest / best deal was an area called Cascada Azul, about 15 minutes from the beach. The lots are about 3 acres, all have nice jungle and valley views, and most have some ocean views. The prices range from 80K to 150K. Believe it or not, I made an offer on one lot. It was the 150K lot, but the offer wasn't accepted. Brian is a good guy, and if you want to email him for some info, his email is skinnerbrian@hotmail1.com. He's not a pushy salesman.

By the way, real estate is still appreciating fast here in Costa Rica, even though the U.S. market has declined. I thought it was tied to the U.S. market, but apparently it's not. Lots around Atenas that were selling for 50K a year ago are now selling for over 100K, and many have huge houses on them - like the one on the YouTube video.

In Dominical, I stayed at a great hotel that is carved out of a rocky cove. It's called Costa Paraiso and the website is www.costa-paraiso.com. There's a nice pool that is covered halfway by a thatched roof, and, when the rain is pouring, you can be in the pool with your cervesa, and watch the rain drench the rest of the world. Like I mentioned before, it is the rainy season down here. And there are huge rock formations just off the property that constanly have waves crashing on them, so you can just stare at the waves day or night, since there are flood lights that illuminate them all night long.

The surf is pretty big, but the hotel managers and their friends and I went walked down from the hotel and surfed some smaller waves - about shoulder high. The people I surfed with are kind of beginners, but it was fun. They're a roudy bunch as the night becomes late. Lots of acohol and dancing, and you all know what a dancer I am. Douglas is from Canada, and he is quite entertaining. I've got a few videos of him, and hope to get them on YouTube.

http://www.journeysbypaul.com/ for more stories and pics

paul ogier


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Doug, Jen and EnidDoug, Jen and Enid
Doug, Jen and Enid

Doug and Jen manage Costa Paraiso in Dominical


Tot: 0.258s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0493s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb