Zip-lines and mucha lluvia (rain)


Advertisement
Published: August 2nd 2006
Edit Blog Post

In the morning we headed out to do the Sky Trek zip-line, which is one of the popular activities here in Costa Rica. A zipline is a series of cables high in the jungle that you slide down in a harness attached to a pulley (also known as a flying fox). The cables go through and above the canopy of the cloud forest and you fly past the trees at high speed. This was a lot of fun. The longest cable was over 700m long - quite impressive.

After that we did the Sky Walk, which is a hike through a series of suspension bridges that go about the cloud forest. This was about the time that it starting heavily raining in true tropical style. By now we had learned that you don´t go anywhere without your trusty little umbrella. Previously I had though that an umbrella would be a ridiculous thing to travel with, but we it is so small and light and more convenient than the plastic ponchos that we had previously discarded after they started smelling very rancid.

At the bottom of the trail is a spot where there were a number of feeders that were swarmed by hummingbirds - quite a sight. However, since it was pouring with rain and the bus was about to leave, we didn´t linger too long.

It rained and rained for the rest of the day...

Advertisement



Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.035s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb