Back in the heat!


Advertisement
Published: May 23rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Well, when were in Monteverde we met a guy who had bought this T-shirt, with a cartoon depicting a scary cliff side drive, with Monteverde as the location and a slogan ´´I Survived the road to Monteverde´´
As we had arrived with the Jeep-Boat-Jeep trip we thought that maybe it was the route the local bus took to get there from La Fotuna.....because we had not experienced anything to warrent buying such a Tshirt.
We soon realised that it was the route we were now travelling on to the beach! After two hours of bone jarring and a bit of cliff skirting we were so grateful to hit the tar road that would take us to Pontareus, the ferry port for the Nicoya Peninsular. We had to wait a couple of hours for the next ferry which took us to the Peninsular in just over an hour. A quick two hour bus and we were in Paridise again.

The town of Montezuma was a tiny town on a beautiful bay, really laided back and relaxed. We were back on the Pacific side so the beach was white and beautiful with waves and perfect swimming temperature water.
We booked into a small hotel at the edge of town. Costa Rica is a really big destination for American tourists, and there are not many backpacker hostels in the beach areas we were visiting, so it was always a challenge to find an affordable hotel.

On our second day we went to visit the local waterfall which was a short walk up the valley from the beach. It was quite a popular spot for tourists and locals, and you could swim and jump of the ledges into the waterfall splash pool.

We met up with team Canada again and went out to a the cheesiest local bar for a few drinks.
We are madly trying to catch up with our Blogs and are now writing this three weeks later....so to be honest, I am not sure what else we did but we managed to spend 3 great days there before moving onto Mal Pais/Santa Teresa.





Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.167s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1164s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb