Day 19 Tasha Birthday


Advertisement
Published: October 22nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

So last night Tasha opened her cards and presents which was nice... got some money from Tasha, a bracelet from the Chapmans and a flipflop charm from Emily (very appropriate! 😊

We headed to the nearby Soda for birthday breakfast of Gallo Pinto ( rice and beans), sausages and eggs - definate hang over cure we feel! We then went to try and find this pretty waterfall we were told about so headed off down the beach with Sandra in tow. We soon found that we had picked up a couple of strays too. (there are soo many stray dogs out here and we cant help but feel sorry for all of them, especially when you see them drinking puddle water! 😞 ). We named them Monte and Sheila and they showed us the way down the beach. We soon found the waterfall which was quite sweet but kind of ruined by some local family as the chubby kids kept trying to scare the monkeys! We carried on walking, seeing more monkeys, altho our new friends kept chasing them back up the trees every time they got close!

It was really relaxing and we felt like the only people around as we carried on walking until the path ran out. We then headed back to get ready for dinner.

We headed to a restaurant on the sea front which looked reasonably priced. we both went for a veggie option which hardly ever happens but wow did we make a good choice! We had Parmigiano Montezuma which kind of looked like lasagna without the pasta or meat, and Spinch gratin. Both dishes were sooo good and Tasha was happy with the meals picked for her birthday.

Tasha, Emily and Sandra then grabbed a couple of beers from the supermarket and headed back to the hostel where we watched the sea and chatted for a while then went to bed.

It was a very different type of birthday but how many people can say they lay on a beach, watching the stars in Costa Rica on their birthday? Only thing missing was family and friends 😞

Advertisement



Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 15; qc: 47; dbt: 0.051s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb