Montezuma


Advertisement
Published: July 10th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We've had an amazing last couple of days....we took a boat across from Jaco to Montezuma which is a wikid little town; its tiny...the main street is only about 50 meters and just a beach with a few restaurants and bars (what else do you need though?!)

On tuesday we went on a horse riding trip which was amazing!! we jumped on our horses on the beach and rode along the beaches and into the jungle for about an hour and a half, also got to gallop across one of the beaches which was incredible! after the couple of mile trek we tied up the horses in the shade and went for a swim in a small rock pool under a waterfall (as if it wasn't perfect enough already!)
After a refreshing swim and some fresh pineapple we mounted back on our horses and trekked back (i learnt the horses also like to eat the pineapple), some of terrain was quite dodgy with some steep climbs but the horses were pros and did it with ease. My horse had a bit more of a free spirit than Al's who's just plodded along but mine was a bit more frisky and loved to gallop along the beach...even Al had a canter along the sand which was impressive. Both of us were pretty sore today!

Today we took another trip and went on a boat to a small island called Tortuga. It was a stunning island with white sandy beaches and turquoise waters, we went snorkeling first before chilling out on the beach with a grilled fish lunch from the bbq! when on the boat we saw a giant turtle swimming by and loads of dolphins who swam along side our boat..still yet to see a whale tho!

Going out trekking through another national park tomorrow to see more monkeys and hopefully a puma or jaguar with a lot of luck!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0544s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb