Costa Rica


Advertisement
Published: April 1st 2007
Edit Blog Post

After going through the panama canal we cruised north to the Nicoya Peninsula in Costa Rica. We were only there for three days unfortunately because it was a really beautiful place I would love to go back to one day.
The first day we arrived at Los Suenos for a night and then left the next morning for a small village called Tambor. So happy I got a day off here and made the most of it. Four of us decided to do a Quad bike tour which was fantastic! We went through the country which was alot drier than I expected, maybe because of the time of year. There were still palm trees dotted throughout dry fields, and lots of cows too. Then we went along the beach for awhile which was beautiful, good surf which all the the travellers come for.
We pulled in to a slightly larger village called Montezuma, which is known for being a hippy travellers kind of place, and they had a market on so brought some nice jewellery made from turquoise, serpentine (a geen coloured stone) and coconut.
After that we were going along the road and since we all seemed to be
MontezumaMontezumaMontezuma

This is the market stalls in Montezuma
good riders our guide asked us if we wanted to try going down a track to the waterfall he hadn't been on since he was five. The guys said yes, so Mads and I had to act tough and do it too. It wasn't that bad a track, but it defienetely required a bit of skill. That's why I ened up losing control of the steering and flipping my bike! I got thrown off but not hurt, just a few cuts and bruises.
About 2 minutes later when going down a very steep hill Madlen also fell off and knocked over the guide aswell! I don't think he'll try that path again!
The last stop was a beautiful waterfall and freshwater pool to swim in, so needed as we were all caked in red dirt by that time. After the tour we went to a resort and started drinking margaritas, had an awesome day and saw a spectacular sunset over the beach. La Vida Pura!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.287s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 13; qc: 53; dbt: 0.1312s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb