carrie's still alive post zipline!


Advertisement
Published: July 10th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Yesterday we took a jeep-boat-jeep (aka cramped van-boat-another cramped van...) to Monteverde from La Fortuna. Monteverde is amazing and sooo green. We are literally in the clouds. We ate lunch in a huge tree (yup, for real, a real live tree) and then the clouds stared rolling in and it started to pour! so there we were, just eating..in a tree...in a cloud, and not even getting wet b/c of all the leaves! amazing! today we woke up early and went to the Monteverde Cloud Forest for ziplining, treetop bridge walks, and a visit to the biggest butterfly garden in Central America at 29,000 sq. feet. They were huge! and very pretty... we even had a guide who would pick them up and show us the differences. they even landed on him while we walked around. and carrie got to hold one too! now what you've all been waiting for---the ziplines. they were great! carrie just about cried before the first one, but once she got started she calmed down..a bit. chad loved every minute of it. he even did a tarzan rope swing...with a 32 ft drop that swung out over the rainforest. somewhere between his screams he managed a tarzan call and chest bang. surprise surprise. carrie loved...watching that one. then we took a hike through the forest and got to go over lots of tree top bridges. chad was a little more weary of the bridges for sure...they shook...a LOT. but it was fun and worth the trip! tomorrow we're heading to Manuel Antonio National Park, but we're staying in the city of Quepos b/c it's way cheaper and only a 7km bus ride away. Manuel Antonio is supposed to have the nicest beaches in costa rica, so we're going to relax and check out the scenes there for a few days before heading on to panama, where we plan to spend most of the rest of our time. all is well with us, and we've managed to take pictures on the broken camera (blind pictures, that is, b/c the screen's broken and there's no view finder...thanks chad, for that amazing move...). we'll try to add some of our blind pics when we can find a faster internet connection. we'll talk to you soon!

Advertisement



10th July 2007

Panama
Bruce is in Panama now--most likely not in the same area that you are going He is on Frigate FFG 42
11th July 2007

I LOVE THE PICS!!!
You guys look like you are having SO MUCH FUN! I cant wait to hear all about Panama! How are the bugs closer to the forest?? Not too large i hope! Are you ready to come home yet? I really miss u! :) Im doing just dandy tho- working hard and playing in cali on the weekends! Stay safe and call again soon! It was so awesome to hear your voice! I love you both!
11th July 2007

howdy
hey grandpa and grandma, how´s it goin? yeah, bruce and i are in totally different parts of panama, but that would be crazy if we ended up close. hope you guys are having fun reading our blog. talk to you soon! chad
11th July 2007

hey love!
i miss you too! i´m glad everything´s going well tho! tell matthew i say hello...no wait, tell him i say hola!! chad says hello too! we´re in quepos now, right near manuel antonio which is supposed to be the best beach in cr. then we´re going to panama this weekend and are plannin on spendin the rest of our time on the carribbean beaches....sigh. wish you were here tho, and can´t wait to see you!!
12th July 2007

Zip ZIP and miss call
So if Chad (tarzan)was swinging through the trees beatting on his chest, that would make you Jane. So the question is did you find Cheatta and his clan any where???? It does sound like it was great fun and I cant wait to do it some day my self. Wow---- I missed your call again, dam work gets in the way. Maybe next time. Keep on having fun you two----------Love Dad

Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0332s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb