We're back in Manuel Antonio


Advertisement
Published: October 4th 2006
Edit Blog Post

We both completed our scuba classes so we left the Bay Islands to head down to Nicaragua. We spent one night in Managua and then 3 nights in Granada. Unfortunatley, our volunteer project did not work out, the person that we were in contact with was back in Boston when we were there. He put us in contact with a local person that was also involved in the project but she did not speak english and our spanish is still pretty poor so it was impossible to communicate and we went out to the site twice and no one seemed to be working.

From Granada we headed down to Tamirindo, Costa Rica for 2 nights and now we are staying with Mike's aunt Ana and uncle Javier back in Manuel Antonio. Its always nice to be back here, this is definitley one of our favorite places.

We have been traveling for a little over a month now and so far have had no major problems. We have made it to quite a few places in Central America and are really looking forward to getting down to South America. The food throughout central america has been pretty much the same, a piece of chicken or beef, rice and beans and some salad. In a lot of places it's really good but we definitley miss some food from home.

We will probably leave here in a few days and head for Panama. It will be hard for us to leave here since Ana and Javier are so good to us. It is definitley a nice change a pace to get to stay with family after a month of hostels and cheap hotels.






Advertisement



4th October 2006

Fun times in Costa Rica
Not such a bad place to be! Cant wait to meet you guys, have fun in CR hope to hear frm you soon. Try to ship some imperial to chicago we coult use it, for old time sake!

Tot: 0.21s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 41; dbt: 0.1039s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb