Catamaran Cruise


Advertisement
Published: August 9th 2014
Edit Blog Post

It stormed all night, so I was very happy to wake up and realize that the sun was peeking through. This was our catamaran cruise day, and I certainly didn't want it to get rained out. We caught our van to the dock in Quepos, and boarded a large and apparently new catamaran. This boat had lots of extras...2 criss-crossing slides into the water, 2 hot tubs, and 2 stretched nets to lie on over the water. They served fresh fruit, crackers, and an open bar as we sailed out of the port and into the Pacific Ocean. We were hoping to see dolphins, but they must have had other plans for the day because they never did show up. After an hour or so, we dropped anchor in a sheltered cove and jumped in! The water was pretty warm, and it felt great. First, we did some snorkeling. Because of last night's storm, the water was pretty murky, and we were only able to see some yellow striped fish. We returned to the boat and played for an hour. Marshall tried out the slides and jumped about 30 feet off the second deck of the boat. Meanwhile, they served lunch. During the first part of the cruise, the crew had been grilling pork chops on the lower deck. They were very tender and served with passion fruit sauce. We also had pasta salad, roasted vegetables, rice, and chips. The food has been good everywhere we've eaten. The boat returned us to the dock, and we drove back to the hotel. We went to the pool , and Marshall and the other boys made up some pool games with a beach ball. While I was sitting there, one of the boys discovered a sloth climbing up one of the trees next to the pool. We were able to watch him slowly make his way to his destination. Strange animal! We had another big storm in the evening, but it IS a rain forest.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0379s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb