Manuel Antonio


Advertisement
Published: June 24th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Once more, conveniece trumped economy. The trip from La Fortuna to Manuel Antonio would take a long day on the public buses, with the added disadvantage of getting connected in San Jose itself.

The alternative - a prearranged shuttle. For $21 each we were picked up at Arenal Lodge (saving lots of time and several bucks in taxi getting from there to the bus stop at La Fortuna) and driven door-to-door in air-conditioned comfort to our hotel in Manuel Antonio. With the extra time at the beach and the prevented wear-and-tear on old joints, it would have been worth twice the price.

Reserva Manuel Antonio is a fairly small park, but with its amazing beaches and rainforest, with its familiar Cappuchin monkeys and ubiquitous iguanas... it is one of the most visited places in Costa Rica.

We had a great time. Even the "bad" thing - a sneak thief on the beach - became one of our "good" stories.




Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

crocodiles (stop on the way)crocodiles (stop on the way)
crocodiles (stop on the way)

The van driver was gracious about stopping any time we chose... and he made sure we stopped at the tourist spot at a bridge where folks can go and look down on the crocs.
tree frog tree frog
tree frog

This little guy seemed to live above the door to our casita.


Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.033s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.041s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb