Vacation


Advertisement
Published: March 23rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

The past week has been quite a wild time. So much has happened, it is hard to really sum it all up. I came up to San Jose last Monday, and chilled at my friend DerekĀ“s house for the next three days waiting around. Megan flew in on Wednesday morning, and Derek had to leave for Nicaragua, so we crashed at his place that night and left our big stuff there while we travelled. The next morning, we woke up and took a bus down to the caribean side, to my favorite town, Puerto Viejo de Talamanca. We stayed at a cool place called hotel puerto viejo, which was cheap but sufficient, about 100 meters back from the water. We chilled around town and went to all of the reggae bars at night, while combing the beaches during the day. The weather was awesome, it only rained a little at night. We had a great time there and met some interesting people, spent St. Patricks day wearing red, yellow, and green rather than just green. We got up Saturday morning and got a HORRENDOUS bus back up to San Jose. We hung out with Derek that night and ate dinner at a super cool place on the top of a mountain overlooking the city, it was awesome. We got up Sunday and got on a bus towards Quepos, but our plans changed in the process. We met a couple on the bus from California that happened to have a house in a little beach town on the way, so we hopped off with them, not knowing what to expect. It turns out they had a huge empty house up on a hill overlooking the ocean, it was just what we needed. They were super cool, Charlie, the guy, was absolutely one of the most out there people I have ever met, but definitely a cool character. We went to dinner that night and ran into a guy that I volunteered in the Red Cross in Texas with. He hooked us up with some surfboards the next day, then cooked us all dinner and had us over for cocktails. What a small world we live in. We got up yesterday morning and got in his car to the next town where there was a bus stop. We got stopped by a cop on the way who threatened to take us all to jail for something to do with our passports, but we had ours, so Fred kicked him a 10 dollar bill and the officer said everything was fine. We ended up in Quepos yesterday, just hung out in town and had a relaxing day. It was nice to have a hotel with a TV again. Today we went to Manuel Antonio and had an incredible time. We hung out on the beach and read books, then grabbed some good food (for once) and then took some sea kayaks out to a couple little islands. It has been an amazing trip so far, wish it did not have to end...

Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 13; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0269s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb