Beach Bummin'


Advertisement
Published: January 14th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hello Everyone!
First off, Happy New Year! I know we are late but we have been moving around quite a bit. We hope everyone had a great New Year's Eve and that the New Year is starting off great. After we left Granada we took a very wavy ferry ride to Ometepe Island. An island formed by two volcanoes. We stayed there for 3 days. It was a pretty area with the volcanoes in the background. We did some hiking and relaxing by the lake. The largest lake in Central America. We left there on the 29th becuase we decided to go back to San Juan Del Sur for New Years Eve. The four days spent there were great. We did lots more surfing and hanging out at great beaches.
For New Years Eve they had big tents set up on the beach, the little town got really full and it was really nice to count down to the New Year on the beach. We were also innocent bystanders in some crazy street fireworks gone slighty....the wrong direction and we both got burnt by fireworks. But it wasn´t that bad. Really the four days consisted of surfing and laying on the beach.
On the second we headed back into Costa Rica. The border, thankfully, was not as busy. But we didnt get as far down the coast as we wanted to that day. The bus rides here are very long, so we stayed the night in Puntarenas and caught the ferry to get to the Nicoya peninsula the next morning. Then we took a few more bus rides and finally we were in Montezuma. A very cool beach town. The whole town is very chill. Our hostel was right on the beach and the few streets that make up the town are really cute. The highlight was hiking to the waterfalls. We climbed up and up to get to the top. The place was awseome because it is a 3 tiered waterfall. Once we got to the top Curtis immedietly jumped off the second one. It was way to high for me but we both jumped off the shorter third one. It was lots of fun.
After Montezume we headed to Mal Pais. Another cool, chill beach town. Another few days were spent here surfing with beach time. The hostel was great that we stayed at so it was lots of fun. There was lots of great people and a big kitchen. The waves were really big here so Curtis got lots of ´surfing´ in and I rented a boogy board. With trying out the surf board now and again. We headed back to Montezuma for two days. One day we did horseback riding on the beach and the other day a snorkel tour. We saw amazing fish with bright colors. We ended up taking an expensive boat ride back to the main land so we didnt have to endure 10 hours of bus rides again. Then we got a shuttle to Manuel Antonio. A natural reserve park. We explored the park all day today and saw some awesome monkeys and sloths. We heard some howler monkeys in the trees so we went off trail to find them. This was great as we ended up spotting a hole family of them. Tommorow we take off to Dominical for our last 4 days before we go back to San Jose to catch our flight. It is so crazy our trip is almost done. But we are looking forward to coming home. This blog is short and there is so much more we can say but we will be able to tell you stories in person soon. Plus at home we will upload some pics to. The internet is just to slow here. We can't wait to see everyone next weekend.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0419s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb