Manuel Antonio


Advertisement
Published: February 17th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hola, this is Sam. Since my brother Kyle got to do a blog entry, I wanted to do one, too. So, I am writing about our trip to Manuel Antonio a few weeks ago. First, we had to take a long car ride. This included driving over a really old bridge that swayed when we went over it. Even though Mom and her friend Robyn were a little scared, I thought it was cool. Then we stopped at a river where there were tons of crocodiles. Some were gigantic; they were laying in the sun not moving very much. One did open its mouth really big while we were watching.

Then we stopped at Carara National Park. It is famous for its scarlet macaws. Kyle really really wanted to see one. My dad and Robyn got a glimpse of one as it flew by and we all heard it squawk. Then Kyle got annoying by imitating the call over and over again. There were also big iguanas and one let me get pretty close to it. Then it was back in the car for another hour or so.

We stopped at place called the Pelican Beach Hotel. We had an awesome lunch and went swimming in the ocean. We rode some sweet waves and chased a crab - it wouldn't let us pick him up and no one wanted to get pinched by his claws. It was a great stop before we drove the rest of the way to Quepos, the main city near Manuel Antonio.

We stayed at a place called La Colina (which means the hill), and it had ALOT of stairs. It also had a cool 2-level swimming pool and a swim-up bar (I think Mom and Robyn liked that part the best). Kyle and I swam a bunch. Our room was called The Treehouse because it was just like sleeping in a treehouse. That night we went out to dinner in Quepos at a neat Italian restaurant; they had the BEST ice cream. Mine had awesome strawberries; Kyle's looked like Pinocchio.

The next morning we went to the big national park at Manuel Antonio. We went on a cool hike and then down to the beach. We saw all kinds of animals - lizards, monkeys, birds, and even a sloth. The monkeys were the funniest; they hopped from tree to tree right over our heads. Be sure to watch the video that I posted below. We also saw a mapache (raccoon) steal someone's bag of food right off the beach. The water was so nice and warm, but not great body-surfing waves. We spent a couple of hours relaxing and playing. Then we headed home - but not before stopping at a yummy restaurant called Cafe Milagro. Their BLT with avocado was awesome.

On the way home, we had a really pretty drive over the hills and through the valleys. It was a busy but fun weekend. I hope we can go back again before we move home to Minnesota.

Pura Vida!

Your friend,

Sam


Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



17th February 2008

great job Sam
Hey Sam, what a good job you did telling us about your trip with Robyn. It made us want to come and visit again. But I think you are going to have lots of visitors in the next few months. You need to get a bigger house. Love, Grandma
18th February 2008

WOW!
I'm intrigued and amazed at your wonderful adventures! What a wild journey! Thank you for sharing everything with us on your blog! I look forward to each new entry! Jess Tomlin

Tot: 0.147s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.1189s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb