Manuel Antonio


Advertisement
Published: March 21st 2007
Edit Blog Post

View from Hotel ParadorView from Hotel ParadorView from Hotel Parador

View from a veranda at the Hotel Parador
After Lake Arenal our destination was the coast, Manuel Antonio. It was a 5 hour drive from Arenal to Manuel Antonio, but due to traffic and stops it took us ~7 hours. We stopped at a crocodile viewing area (bridge that crosses the Tarcoles River). Below the bridge we were able to see vicious looking crocodiles. Dan was nice enough to carry Grayson across the bridge. The bridge has a skinny walkway across, missing railings, and speedy oncoming traffic. We were a little uneasy walking the bridge, but not necessarily because of the above, but rather because there were gigantic crocs’s below us.

The main road into Manuel Antonio was closed because of a collapsed bridge. We took a detour …..this was another daily reminder of how very fortunate we all are. It’s the necessity items we all take for granted. The detour was a dirt road and the dust from all the traffic was insane. I have included a couple of pictures of the housing we passed on the drive into Manuel Antonio.

The road into Hotel Parador was a little bumpy and a lot of construction taking place. The bumpy road was well worth it……Hotel Parador
Pacific Ocean viewPacific Ocean viewPacific Ocean view

Another view from veranda
was an awesome resort. Views for days out into the Pacific Ocean, putt-putt, 2 pools (swim up bar that Dan found quickly), nice restaurant, spa, tennis, etc. We visited Manuel Antonio National park (most visited area of Costa Rica). It’s the smallest National park. The park contains forest lined beaches. You can take a short hike to see wildlife and then spend some time lying around the beach. Kilon and Mokey searched for fish/starfish in tidal pools. Dan, Grayson, and I relaxed in the shade and built a sandcastle. We took in an incredible Pacific sunset view at a restaurant named Barbar Roja. After a few days relaxing at the resort we made the return trip back to Santa Ana. Our return trip back to Santa Ana consisted of a couple pit stops to look at real estate for sale. We had directions to 2 properties near the coast….fortunately we were able to find both.



Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

Hotel Parador - diningHotel Parador - dining
Hotel Parador - dining

Cute dining area at Hotel Parador
IguanaIguana
Iguana

Iguana hanging by a pool at another hotel (Si Como No)
Another shot of IguanaAnother shot of Iguana
Another shot of Iguana

I was so close I could almost touch him
Drive into Manuel AntonioDrive into Manuel Antonio
Drive into Manuel Antonio

Housing lines the dirt road into Manuel Antonio
HousingHousing
Housing

Another picture taken on the dirt road
Putt-PuttPutt-Putt
Putt-Putt

Dan, Ginnie, and Grayson play putt-putt. Grayson still talks about Dan's commentary of the game.
Sunset at Barba RojaSunset at Barba Roja
Sunset at Barba Roja

Pacific sunset
Sunset # 2Sunset # 2
Sunset # 2

Another beautiful shot of the sunset
stop for snacksstop for snacks
stop for snacks

Ginnie, Grayson and I shouted orders from the car!
CrocodilesCrocodiles
Crocodiles

view from the Tarcoles bridge. Very thankful for zoom feature on the camera!
Dan and GinnieDan and Ginnie
Dan and Ginnie

Pose for a picture on the balcony


Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 59; dbt: 0.0755s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb