The weekend


Advertisement
Published: August 9th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Good morning all. 6 days until i´m back in the states on August 15th. The power just went out here while i was finishing up my blog, so i lost it all, and now i´m just gonna summarize what i had written before.

Friday night went to a bar called "VYRUS" with my family and some friends. One guy´s name was wally. Wally made me do shots of whiskey with him. After bar, went to wally´s pad and sang spanish kareoke, it was awkward. Didn´t get to bed until 2 am. Got up at 4 am to go to limon.

Limon was full of swedes and german travelers for the weekend. its like a whole different country. they don´t speak english there. Its some combination of spanish/french/and english called patwau?... Lots of ex-patriots as well, who have quit their day job and opened a hotel, bar or some sort of business there.

Lots of rastafarians, they had lots of drugs to sell. they tried to sell some coke to us. Kate said she wasn´t interested, and the rasta bit here ear ala mike tyson. That was freaky. Another weird thing, people just walk down the streets smoking joints. We went to some club/bar saturday night on the beach. It was wild, and i´m pretty sure i enhaled enough second hand weed smoke for an entire lifetime.

the food in limon is amazingly good. I had rice and beans with coconut at every meal. it was fantastic. Also ate some ceviche, which is raw fish, and its put in lime juice and the acids cook it. Also sampled some local homeade ice cream. Went back for more twice more it was so good.

First night there we rented an apartment. It was nice, lots of space. Sunday everyone left except kate and I. we rented 2 hammocks at rockin j´s. didn´t sleep that well in a hammock but it was a fun experience.

The weather was crappy this weekend. Lots of rain, very overcast. Huge storm in the carribean, and therefore the waves at cocles beach were enormous, as big as my house. I got battered around so bad, i´m pretty sure i tore a rotator cuff, broke some ribs and lost a foot. but i mended it all back together with some rice and beans and a whole fried fish. the scary thing is, i still can´t feel my thumb 3 days later. It was all fun though, except for whne i lost a contact.

Sunday afternoon, kate and i went on a 15 mile bike ride to manzanillo, and on the way i took a dump in the jungle and wiped with a leaf as big a car just for giggles. Hopefully i didn´t get the dengue fever.

Watched 2 movies at like a drive in movie theatre, except there were no cars. Saw War of the worlds, which i thought was pretty lame and kill bill 2 which i thought was even lamer.

Caught the 7 am bus back to san jose yesterday morning. managed to stay awake for classes and then crashed last night for a good 10 hours worht of sleep.

talk to ya tomorrow
-luke



Advertisement



9th August 2005

COCONUTS
you shouldnt eat more than 1 coconut or a 2 cups of coconut milk a day because it is a violent laxative. I read that in my army surplus wilderness survival guide, so you know its true. and as we all know, fiery poops arent fun.

Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 13; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0566s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb