TEFL Program


Advertisement
Published: May 4th 2011
Edit Blog Post

The TEFL BuildingThe TEFL BuildingThe TEFL Building

The cafe next door is where James and Bruno became christened as our mascots.
For the first month Rebecca took part in a TEFL course with 10 other girls. 10 girls working together could have been a recipe for disaster but luckily everyone got along and there weren't any problems. Most of the girls were from the east coast, 1 was from Wisconsin (go cheeseheads (2 if you include Rebecca)), 1 from France, and 1 from Argentina. . We took classes in a small building in the center of town. Each night we would teach to varying groups of locals. James and Bruno were frequent visitors to the cafe next to the school because the internet at home never worked. It didn't take long before Bruno became the TEFL mascot and James became the TEFL husband 😊 At the end of the course we had a graduation party at the TEFL program owners husbands bar (that's a mouthful). Bruno even came and got down on the dance floor. Guaro, the Costa Rican liquor, is made from sugar cane. We became close friends of guaro that night, and the next day we both experienced the worst hangover we've ever had. It was awful!!!!

Bruno cutting up the dance floor!


Additional photos below
Photos: 29, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

JuliaJulia
Julia

One of the TEFL instructors
DanaDana
Dana

The other TEFL instructor
Julia the BrummyJulia the Brummy
Julia the Brummy

Julia was from Birmingham. She was very disappointed that her fellow limey wasn't on the course, but she called me her resident brit :)
This is what happens when I dress myselfThis is what happens when I dress myself
This is what happens when I dress myself

James showed up to the bar with his shirt inside out. I think the sun is getting to him..
James pulling a blue steelJames pulling a blue steel
James pulling a blue steel

check out Bruno in his carry den..


Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0438s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb