on our way through Costa...more car troubles


Advertisement
Published: April 4th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We got the rv all figured out, it turns out we needed a new coil. With this replaced, the test drive worked, so we said our goodbyes again, and headed for the boarder. We stayed the night in Conception and crossed in the morning, quite easily, and much quicker than when we entered panama. The rv was running great, until about lunch time, when it started to sputter, and decided to quit. There were lots of nice Ticos who came to our aid, and eventually, they found the mechanic we needed, one that knew something about carborators, and eventually got it running enough to drive up the road to his shop. The guy took our carb out, gave it a good cleaning and then put it back in. It worked brilliantly.

The next day we continued on our way, stopping once again at Estrillos Oste, we got to go for a couple of surfs, unfortunately the waves were a lot messier that on the way down. That night Jordan and Allyne played at open mic night, and then we went up to see the rodeo. It was pretty interesting, but I felt sorry for the bulls. One of them didn’t want to go through with it, so everytime the guy tried to get on, the bull just laid down in the tiny pen, and refused to go out. Also, its permitted for anyone who feels like climbing over the fence, to run around in the ring temping the bull. Quite a few drunk guys gave this a go.
In the morning we waited for the waves to come at high tide, but no luck there. We hit the road again and stayed the night in a nice hotel in la Cruz, just south of the Nicaraguan border.




Advertisement



Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0497s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb