Another week of Mountain air!


Advertisement
Published: October 3rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

ZarceroZarceroZarcero

Went up to the Eastand South of Zarcero. Dairy farms and Cabbage patches everywhere.
This has been great! Being in the mountains is just difficult to get away from. I will be exploring the West coast this week to see what I can see.
This past weekend was a side adventure back up to Zarcero and beyond. Out east from there thru Palmira towards Poas and the Chayote reserve. Found a road thru the dairys, and up the mountain, it was PAVED!
Heading down between Chayote and Grecia reserves, the switchbacks turned to gravel for about 2 miles.
Slow but OK. Then down along the rivers back on asphault, came upon Torro de Carate....not on the map.
Great stop for the waterfall. Quaint little place with rooms for the night, restaraunt, and garden path to view the waterfall. It appeared to be about 100ft maybe a tad more....to me anyway. The pool at the top would be really cool to swim in, just could not see how to get there....we were running out of daylight, so we ate and headed out. The gorge cut from the water looked great for tubing, not to mention the pool at the bottom, looked deep, and clean.
My host is getting more business on top of previous bookings.
Palmira above ZarceroPalmira above ZarceroPalmira above Zarcero

The dairy farms and cabbage farms are pristine. Looks like great vineyard country.
I won't be the only guest in the house anymore....OH WELL! Just in time for my new adventures to discover CR!

Now, this 1 pic is a familiar site to any Texans viewing the blog..... but I have to say this is not the usual site ya see on the side of the road....


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

The waterfall between Chayote / Grecia ReservesThe waterfall between Chayote / Grecia Reserves
The waterfall between Chayote / Grecia Reserves

Stumbled onto this place, and glad we did.
The pool belowThe pool below
The pool below

Looks So invinting!
Kayak this!Kayak this!
Kayak this!

Gorge cut from waterfall.
Name that RoadKillName that RoadKill
Name that RoadKill

Whats left of a well know target for roadkill.


Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 10; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0499s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb