Sunshine at last!


Advertisement
Published: January 7th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

London to Grand Cayman


After rather a lot of travelling, we have now made our first Port of Call, although that was doubtful as rough seas prevented us dropping anchor and tendering ashore in the ?Caribbean!!! However Captain found a sheltered bay off the southern coast, and with the help of local tourist boats, and a shuttle service we have now found our way ashore and to the local library!!! The good thing is it has moved since our last visit and is now in a brand new building with excellent internet access!

After a great New Year in Bristol with Katie, Jo Jeremy and the children, I set off on tuesday morning for Heathrow on the National Express bus!! along with my bag of "don't mind if I do" from Sally, and after a rather eventful checking in process (New passport didn't cover my ESTA)!! met Richard on the flight to Miami. Next morning we hired a car, stopped for breakfast in a lovely suburb of Miami and drove to Fort Lauderdale. Back on the Good Ship Amsterdam is great, a load of old friends, and a bit of a refit nothing changes, and it is hard to believe that we have been away for 8 months!

Well to day is the first POC of 51!! So there will be plenty of news, adventures, and photos to follow in the next 16 weeks.

Best news so far today is the Ashes score!!!!!!!! Well done Andy Strauss and England!!

Love Elaine & Richard x

p.s. Katie and Jo don't forget to update me on the Eastenders storyline! xxxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



Tot: 0.117s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0585s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb