Bonaire Day 3--We're spending too much time on the surface!


Advertisement
Published: February 12th 2010
Edit Blog Post

First dive of the day is 1000 steps, so-called because you have to go down 50-something steps to get to the beach.



Bonaire has amazing coral and tons of sea life.



After 1000 steps we headed to our next dive site, Oil Slick. The entry at Oil Slick is one of the coolest ones I have done. You giant stride from the surface into the ocean, which lies about 4-5 feet below you.




I forgot to take the lense off the camera for my first 10 pictures of the dive. Nick is definitely the better photographer.



When we got out, we were met by a few very crabs. I was a bit apprehensive to get out, because there were so many crabs all over. In order to get out, you need to climb a big metal ladder. After Oil Slick we headed back to our room to make some lunch and decide where we would dive next.




We decided to head over towards the southside of island, which we had yet to explore. The site was Tori's reef, and again I am sorry to say that I had the camera. I did manage to get a nice shot of Nick's bum, "spread eagle" as my brother described it.




After the dive we explored the southside for a bit, seeing a lighthouse, slavehuts, windmills, and the huge piles of salt. We also saw some wildlife including goats and donkeys.




We headed back to the room to get cleaned up for dinner. We ate at Sunset Bar and Grill at the Den Laman Condominiums. It had a nice view of a marina. We had these awesome appetizers--they were some sort of dough (phillo dough or maybe wontons) filled with jalapenos and cream cheese and then fried until they were nice and crispy and then served with this amazing chile dipping sauce. Mmm.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0697s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb