The Virgin Islands


Advertisement
Published: February 8th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Octupus in the BVISOctupus in the BVISOctupus in the BVIS

Our friends Dave and Michelle took this photo while snorkeling off Norman Island.
Hi, everyone. We are anchored in Fat Hog's Bay, Tortola, British Virgin Islands. We've been in the BVIs a little over a week and have once again enjoyed our stay here. This is my 4th visit (Jimmy's 5th) to the BVIs. Jimmy has been diving at 3 different sites here this past week, plus a lot of snorkeling. We ran into our friends Dave and Michelle on s/v Daniell Storey whom we haven't seen since last August, so it has been fun catching up with friends.

In January we had friends visit from Fort Worth. They met us in Puerto Rico. We sailed with them to Vieques, St. Croix, Culebra, and then back to Puerto Rico. This was our first visit to St. Croix. We attempted to sail to St. Croix last year, but made a "U Turn" after about an hour and a half and headed back to St. Thomas due to weather. It was good to finally make it to St. Croix this year. St. Croix was hit by a hurricane this past season but seemed to be making excellent progress repairing the damage. Jimmy was unhappy that he didn't get to see the "beer drinking pigs" in
Soper's Hole, BVIsSoper's Hole, BVIsSoper's Hole, BVIs

This picture was taken entering Soper's Hole.
St. Croix, but all in all it was a very good trip.

After getting back to Puerto Rico we ran into our friends Dick and Jane on s/v Cheetah II whom we hadn't seen since September. We hung out in PR with them for several days before heading to St. Thomas in late January.

We plan to stay in the Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico area until March when we will head toward the Bahamas.

I don't usually talk about new additions or changes to the boat, but I have been very pleased with the reverse osmosis unit (watermaker) that Jimmy installed recently. That was a very time consuming project for him but we have really enjoyed the convenience of making our own water and not having to worry about where we will fill up our water tanks.

I miss all of you. Please drop a line from time to time. I love hearing all the news.

Donna

Advertisement



Tot: 0.164s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 11; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0593s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb