26th Dec - Trek stop


Advertisement
Published: December 29th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Leaving Caye Caulker on the 25th was somewhat entertaining. Sam, Michael´s friend had had somewhat a liquid lunch and couldn´t even walk, always good when you have to get on a boat. Think Michael was really embarrassed and came up with some excuse that she was really home sick, where in fairness he should have just said that she was trollied and would apolagise later!! There was only one breast feeding woman on the ferry this time, and the crossing seemed quicker. Sam woke up the baby and it screamed at her the entire crossing, didn´t stop her trying to hold it and play with it... Vicky dived over to our side of the boat to escape the screaming.

Thankfully we had private transport to San Ignacio. We avoided the vomit comet and where doing a quiz for our trip. My general knowledge could help any team lose!!! Turned up at Trek stop lateish for Xmas dinner. Not the nicest. Poor Vicky couldn´t have anything so had snacks for dinner. We were all a bit tired and a little annoyed at Sam. Then had an hour powerpoint presentation on the activities for the next day.

Chose to go Caving in the Crystal Cave in the Blue Hole National park as was meant to be a once in a lifetime occasion. Finally retired to our little hut after using the lovely long drop toilets... No novelty value here...

They picked us up an hour late for the caving, then we had to stop in town to get cash out. Card still not working so will have to phone the bank (should have let the bank know I was here - oops!) Got to the National park just after 11. Had a 45 min hike to the cave, abseiled down, had lunch and started the 4 hour epic journey (was only meant to be 3 hours max). Saw bones, a skull, way too many ceramic bowls/plates but all in all was good fun. The tour guide was rather ill so not all good... Didn´t get to see wonderland as didn´t want to hike down in the dark.

When we got out we got to go swimming to de-stink. Clothes look trashed from the clay and the squeezing through tiny spaces. Got back late to the "Hotel".



Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0358s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb