on the road again


Advertisement
Published: December 23rd 2005
Edit Blog Post

Hello -

Well it has been about 6 months since our last trip. We spent about 6 months at home recharging the batteries and pulling together a little money. We are only doing a short three week trip starting in mexico and then heading into belize, to guatamla, back to belize then back to mexico.

We spent 2 glorious days running the white sands of tulum. We had an incredible beach front cabana that allowed us unending access to the beach which we took full advantage of. We had a couple of nights with a little too much of the drink and then finding ourselves rolling in the night time waves.

After tulum we headed into belize. That has proved to be an adventure as the biggest bus company (novelos) closed down yesterday. That has meant that all of the bus stations are closed and everything is operating through ad-hoc bus companies with cardboard signs in the window to suggest destination. Inspite of the challenge we made it to san ignacio with out to much trouble (although the bus did try to take off from belize city with out me on board). We spent today on the macal river peering at iguanas and soaking up the jungle and sunshine.

Tomorrow we are off to see the wonders of Tikal and guatamala.

Hope you all have a merry chritmas, hannukah, kwanza, boxer day or whatever you celebrate.

Ben and Alana

Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0433s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb