Crossing Borders


Advertisement
Published: April 19th 2008
Edit Blog Post

My most recent travels have brougt me to cross the border, learn a little spanish, and eat lots of avocados. Last weekend myself and Josh left the country early Friday morning for the tiny island of Flores, located about 2 hours off the border. We found a lovely place to stay over looking the lake and spent our days going to caves, swimming in the lake, and going to an animal reserve. Of course we consumed lots of yummy nachos and fresh, fresh produce. Avocados aren't in growing season in Belize(so we snuck some across the border) and the produce is alot tastier than here also(we ate alot of melt-in-your-mouth mangoes).

This past Wednesday my Maya class took a trip to Caracol, in mountain pine ridge. The weather was suprisingly cool and our teacher is the head archaeologist in Belize, so we learned alot. Also, we squeezed the fourth botfly out of Logan. This time we used a glue like substance called horse balls. So we suffocated the larvae with the horse balls and in doing so it worked its way out of his head to get air. At that point Jess and I squeezed Logans noggin, the fly popped out like a cork out of a champagne bottle. It then tried to squirm back in but we grabbed it and gave it to Logan.

Today was a relaxing day at Cahal Pech. Lots of swimming and reading. The next couple of days are full of work, but more importantly here are some photos from my travels.
xoxoBitsy


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 5; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0386s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb