Its been awhile


Advertisement
Published: March 10th 2008
Edit Blog Post

It has been a very busy last couple of weeks, and even busier to come. Since last writing, mom and dad came and we journeyed to Placencia. Mom has pictures of all of that, so one would need to ask her to see them. The following weekend, my ecotourism class took a trip to Gales point to stay at a Manatee watch place. Basically they track the manatees and take care of them. We went caving and manatee watching and swam in the ocean. Two girls got peed on by catepillars and got the cinch. Their skin was all bubbly and now it is peeling. Pretty gross.

After Gales Point, my whole UVM group with all the professors went to South Water Caye, which could possily be the best beach I have ever been to. It was a relaxing vacation of swimming in the ocean, snorkeling, and fishing. Nothing too strenuous, just a nice atmosphere. Finally this weekend I participated in La Ruta Maya, a four day canoe race down the Macal from San Ignacio to Belize City. Our job was to pick up trash at check points, time the racers, and of course paddle. Everynight we camped out, things got a little wet but none the less everything was fun.

Now I am exhausted, have loads of work to finish, and much more travelling to prepare for. Love to everyone.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



10th March 2008

Pictures
That could be the most beautiful beach!

Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 59; dbt: 0.0575s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb